The Covenant of Grace
1. Know Christ Personally (Acts 2:37-41)
Just like Paul, we each need to have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ every day.
2. Commit Daily (Acts 2:47a)
The early church members devoted themselves to the apostle’s teaching, fellowship, communion and prayer.
3. Worship Publicly (Acts 2:46a)
As the Christians gathered to break bread, they demonstrated their commitment to daily worship.
4. Grow Spiritually (Acts2:42)
The church grew spiritually through their commitment to the apostle’s teaching and prayer.
5. Invest Eternally (Acts 2:44-45)
The church gained a heavenly perspective about money and reached out to meet the needs in their community through regular and sacrificial giving.
6. Relate Biblically (Acts 2:46b)
The fellowship that developed in this church was loving and committed. Rejected by their own families, their church home became a second family.
7. Serve Effectively (Acts 2:43, 47a)
The church transformed the community through using the spiritual gifts Jesus gave them. Many miracles were witnessed.
8. Evangelize Joyfully (acts 2:47b)
The early church members were full of joy. Their praise of God led to the favor of all people. Their lives were a witness to the transforming power of Jesus Christ.